Why you need a healthy work-life balance
As an employer or employee of a business, it is important to strive for a healthy work-life balance all year long.
Because values your wellness and overall health, here are five reasons you should avoid working too hard if your work-life balance involves more ‘work’ than ‘life’:
- Working long hours negatively impacts your health. People who work more than 55 hours per week have a 33 percent higher risk of stroke than those who work normal hours. Also, their sedentary lifestyles are linked to increased stress levels and unhealthy eating habits.
- Working long hours doesn’t inflate your bank account. In Britain, 1 in 4 employees works at least seven hours of unpaid overtime.
- Working long hours doesn’t mean that you’re getting more work done. Studies have shown that employees who work long hours accomplish the same amount of work as those who work normal business hours.
- Time away from work increases creativity and open-mindedness. Spending time away from the workplace allows people to see their challenges in a different light and find solutions more easily.
- There is more to life than work. Taking time away from work allows you to grow as a person and provides an outlet for stress.
For more information regarding how you can achieve a better work-life balance, visit http://www.workingfamilies.org.uk, Britain’s top organisation for helping people achieve better work-life balance.
To protect your business at all times, make sure you have the correct business insurance cover in place. Get in touch with Thompson Brothers and we will be more than happy to help.